Rapid prototyping is important when the aim is to compare various configurations and geometries of elements of the vehicle or the object under aerodynamic study. It consists of the design using CAD tools of the prototypes to be tested, based on breaking down the models into various interchangeable parts.
In this way, different combinations of possible configurations can be compared in the conceptual design phase. There are various manufacturing methods, of which 3D printing and machining are two of the most widespread. Later in this course, the fundamentals of wind tunnel experimentation, measurement systems, data post-processing, and results analysis are presented.
- Introduction to rapid prototyping
- Initial study using analytical aerodynamics
- Prototype design through CATIA
- Manufacturing principles with 3D printer
- Development of CNC code with CATIA for machining parts
- Fundamentals of wind tunnel testing
- Aerodynamic variables measurement systems
- Postprocessing of data and analysis of results
CATIA, Ultimaker cura
Fermín Navarro Medina